Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Useful Again


 

I've had this dark green, rooster-painted box with drawers for about a year now.  My mother-in-law gave it to me in the hopes that I'd figure out a way to give it a facelift.  Upon looking it over again today, I realized I just wasn't in the mood for sanding and painting...



For now, all I wanted to do was create an easy autumn display.  So I cleaned the box off, removed the drawers, and placed two glass canning jars inside. 



Then I picked a few pretty stems of marigolds and mums to form my bouquets.  The gourd came out of my daughter's garden.  I moved this from the table to a corner so you can't see the rooster who's still perched on top, upside down.  I'll save the complete redo for another day... still have the drawers too.  For now, it's just nice to make this little wooden box useful again. 







Hope you have a great day...
and find something to make useful again 
in your own home as well!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Megan, once again...BEAUTIFUL!!! You've given me an idea...wait and see;)

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa