Sunday, July 17, 2011

Vicki's Chocolate Crinkles

This is one of those recipes from my little red recipe box.  I've used this one several times, first because it uses simple ingredients I have on hand, second because it makes a nice big batch of cookies, and third because... well, they're good!  Can't go wrong with chocolate either...  On the recipe card, "Chocolate Crinkles" is written as the name, but "Vicki" is written off to the side.  So I think it's only fitting to rename them after her: Vicki's Chocolate Crinkles...



2 c. sugar
1 c. shortening or butter*
2 eggs

2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

confectioner's sugar

In a large bowl cream sugar, shortening (or butter), and eggs.  In a medium bowl mix flour, cocoa, salt, and soda.  Add flour mixture to cream mix.  Form balls and roll in confectioner's sugar.  Bake at 350` for 10 minutes.  Don't over bake.  Enjoy!

* I've tried using shortening, which results in a crunchier cookie.  For this recipe I prefer using butter or even half butter/ half shortening.  The cookies turn out with a richer flavor, and not as crunchy.

"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"  ~Charles Schulz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa