Thursday, June 23, 2011

Peach Cream Pie

This is exactly what the name implies... a creamy variation of peach pie.  Let me assure you, it's delicious!  If you make it, let me know.  I'd love to hear what you think...

Perfect pie crust (prepare enough for 2 crusts... 1/2 recipe)

5 or 6 fresh peaches*
1-1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1 egg, well beaten
1/3 c. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla


Slice peaches and place in an unbaked 9" pie crust.  Mix remaining ingredients and spread evenly over peaches.  Stay within 1/2" of edge of crust so mixture won't bubble over while baking.  Place top crust over peach filling.  Bake at 350` for 50-60 min.

*Peaches are in season in Ohio from mid-July to mid-August.

1 comment:

  1. This is my mother's recipe, and probably one of my all-around favorites. Homemade peach pie is just one of life's simple pleasures!

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa